Wrapping yourself up in one of these luxuriously soft, organic towels is the perfect way to add a bit of sustainable self-care into your everyday life. These brands have 100% natural, earth-friendly towels that you dry off with in good conscience knowing the fabric is safe for your skin and good for our planet, too.
The towels listed in this guide are made from all eco-friendly and organic materials — mostly from organic cotton as well as some linen and hemp. Check out this post to learn more about organic cotton (including why it’s so important to prioritize organic over conventional cotton!) and this post for more on linen.
When looking for organic cotton towels, prioritize brands that have cotton certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) standard. This is the highest and most reputable certification for organic textiles. In addition to ensuring the fibers used were grown organically, GMO-free without synthetic pesticides or fertilizers, the GOTS seal ensures that fabric and products were produced in a socially and environmentally responsible way, too.
Note that this guide features partners and affiliates. As always, all brands met high standards for sustainability and are brands I truly love.
1. Delilah Home
Sustainable bedding and towel brand Delilah Home offers luxurious 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton towels made in Europe. Delilah Home’s towels were one of the first Vegan.org certified towels in the US market as well.
Long-staple organic Turkish cotton is loomed into extra long-loops to create a super soft and absorbent surface and thick, plush (yet lightweight) texture for Delilah Home’s towels. In other words, these are the kind of towels that you’ll look forward to wrapping yourself up in after a long day!
(Fun fact: Delilah Home is actually named after a puppy who was lost in the North Carolina mountains for over two months. Check out Delilah Home’s site to see the super cute logo featuring an illustration of Delilah!)
Sizes: Face Towel/Washcloth, Hand Towel, Bath Towel, Bath Sheet
2. SOL Organics
SOL Organics’ soft, dreamy towels are made from Fair Trade and GOTS-certified organic cotton to ensure socially and environmentally conscious production. The sustainable towel brand’s 100% organic cotton bath towels and hand towels are also dyed with low-impact organic dyes.
In addition to sourcing their fibers responsibly, SOL Organics’ towels are made in a factory that is FLO-certified, which is a subsidiary of Fairtrade International. All this to say that SOL Organics is a brand that you can feel good about supporting and their towels are products you can feel confident bringing into your home.
Sizes: Washcloth, Hand Towel, Bath Sheet, Bath Towel
When it comes to hair, typical towels can actually be quite damaging. That’s why Sunrise Bliss creates hair towels made from absorbent organic cotton t-shirt material that helps dry your hair while not causing any of that dreaded breakage or frizziness. Genius, right? The brand’s towels also come in super fun colors and prints!
The brand uses GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified organic cotton to ensure that every step of the supply chain is environmentally conscious and that their product is safe to produce for the makers of their towels and safe to wear for all of us wearing their towels!
Sizes: Hair towels
Woven from GOTS-certified organic cotton, Coyuchi’s towels are naturally soft and absorbent, without being heavy. The sustainable home brand has a variety of towels, from fluffy and plush styles to lightweight Turkish bath towels.
In addition to being certified by GOTS, some of Coyuchi’s eco-friendly towel styles are Made Safe-certified and Fair Trade-certified as well.
Sizes: Washcloth, Hand Towel, Bath Towel, Bath Sheet, Bath Mat
Sustainable fashion brand PACT has affordable organic cotton basics for the home too. Their towels are certified organic and come in a range of comforting colors at approachable prices. PACT’s towels start at $20 for a set of two washcloths and go up to $140 for their bath sheet sets, which feature 6 towels.
Sizes: Washcloth, Hand Towel, Bath Towel, Bath Sheet
Boll & Branch has spa-quality towels in warming neutral hues that will put you at ease. The brand has 100% organic cotton spa towels, which are lightweight and quick-drying, and plush towels, which are dense and luxuriously plush.
The cotton Boll & Branch sources for their towels is GOTS-certified and Fair Trade-certified. Their production is also certified Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX.
Sizes: Bath Towel
More Organic & Eco Towel Brands
7. Linoto Black-owned brands with unbleached, toxic-free Belgian linen spa towels made in the U.S. (Sizes: Washcloth, Hand Towel, Bath Towel, Bath Sheet)
8. Made Trade – ethical online marketplace with a variety of sustainable towel options (Sizes: Washcloth, Hand Towel, Bath Towel, Bath Mat, Beach Towel)
9. VivaTerra – organic cotton towels and robes in a variety of styles (Sizes: Washcloth, Hand Towel, Bath Towel, Bath Mat)
10. Under the Canopy – GOTS-certified organic cotton towels (Sizes: Washcloth, Hand Towel, Bath Towel, Bath Sheet)
11. West Elm – organic Turkish, waffle, terry, and textured towels (Sizes: Washcloth, Hand Towel, Bath Towel, Bath Mat, Beach Towel
12. Pottery Barn – organic cotton towels in different textures and weights (Sizes: Washcloth, Hand Towel, Bath Towel, Bath Sheet)
13. The Company Store – towels made from organic cotton that come in neutrals and vibrant colors (Sizes: “Fingertip Towel”, Washcloth, Hand Towel, Bath Towel, Bath Sheet)
14. ANACT – towels made from 55% hemp and 45% organic cotton in natural and white (Sizes: Wash Towel, Hand Towel, Bath Towel)
15. Grund – super plush GOTS-certified organic cotton towels (Sizes: Washcloth/Face Towel, Hand Towel, Bath Towel, Bath Sheet)
Pin this post to reference later:
You Might Also Want to Check Out: