Welcome! We’re so happy you’re here.
Who We Are
Conscious Life & Style is a mindful digital media destination inspiring holistic personal, community, and planetary wellbeing. We create resources that support a slow and eco-conscious lifestyle, curate responsible fashion & lifestyle brands; share educational content for diving deeper into systemic causes of the various global challenges we face in fashion and beyond; and explore solutions that will bring about a better, more equitable and sustainable future.
We value equity, transparency, circularity, community, and collaboration and work to center these values in all that we do. We aim to inspire, educate, and motivate action towards change in a way that is approachable, accessible, and inclusive.
Meet the Founder
Hey there! I’m Elizabeth Joy (she/her), a writer, content creator, and global citizen passionate about supporting the movement towards a better future for fashion and a more sustainable world.
I founded and currently run this platform and our Instagram page @consciousstyle.
I also host the Conscious Style Podcast, a show that explores what it will take to create a better, more sustainable, and equitable future for fashion. Each week, I interview inspiring changemakers in the sustainable and ethical fashion space, including courageous garment workers and labor rights organizers, innovative fashion designers and entrepreneurs, visionary content creators and influencers, insightful researchers and journalists, and more.
I currently run this digital business from the traditional unceded homelands of the Council of the Three Fires: the Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi. This area is also the ancestral homeland of the Hoocąk (Winnebago/Ho’Chunk), Jiwere (Otoe), Nutachi (Missouria), and Baxoje (Iowas); Kiash Matchitiwuk (Menominee); Meshkwahkîha (Meskwaki); Asâkîwaki (Sauk); Myaamiaki (Miami), Waayaahtanwaki (Wea), and Peeyankihšiaki (Piankashaw); Kiikaapoi (Kickapoo); Inoka (Illini Confederacy).
Presently, this area is known as Chicago, Illinois. Both Chicago and Illinois are words coming from the Algonquin language. Chicago originated from the word shikaakwa, meaning “wild onion” and Illinois originated from the word Illiniwek, meaning “the people”.
- Week of Outfits with Elizabeth Joy – The Good Trade
- 20 of the Best Sustainable Fashion Influencers to Follow – Sustainably Kind Living
- 5 Tips for a More Earth Conscious Wardrobe – EcoWatch
- 7 Conscious Fashion Influencers and Activists to Follow – Attire
- The Best Travel Dresses for Women – Banana Backpacks blog
- How to Quit Fast Fashion – Titanic Spa
- Green Parenting Tips – Ecoterro
- 30 Easy Eco-Friendly Swaps – UpJourney
- Approachable Zero Waste Tips from Sustainable Bloggers – Marmag Creation
- 13 Easy Ways to Conserve Energy at Home – Redfin
- 17 Sustainable Fashion Blogs You Should Follow – WAMA
- Pre-Loved Podcast
- The Wise Consumer Podcast