I’m Elizabeth, a Chicago(ish)-based global citizen passionate about helping build a more responsible fashion industry and sustainable world through providing ethical fashion guides and approaching conscious lifestyle tips.
I had been been fascinated by fashion and passionate about sustainability and human rights since I was young. It wasn’t until learning about the Rana Plaza Factory collapse, though, that I realized my fun shopping hobby was at odds with my deeper value systems. I was disenchanted by the entire fashion industry but KNEW there had to be a better way.
Thankfully, there was. I discovered the Fashion Revolution movement and a set of emerging ethical brands. Since then, this space has grown rapidly: the awareness about the environmental and social justice issues in this industry are growing and individuals are beginning to demand more transparency and responsibility from the brands they shop with.
These individuals are looking for products they can truly stand behind and there are ethical and sustainable brands out there passionate about changing the world through their businesses.
This is why I love to create content and curate brand guides for individuals to learn more about the ethical fashion industry and discover brands that they can feel good about supporting.
If you’re looking for ways to support ethical brands, I recommend starting with my Ethical Brand List, a HUGE directory with over 250 brands with consciously made jewelry, clothing, undergarments, and more.
- Week of Outfits with Elizabeth Joy – The Good Trade
- 5 Tips for a More Earth Conscious Wardrobe – EcoWatch
- 7 Conscious Fashion Influencers and Activists to Follow – Attire
- The Best Travel Dresses for Women – Banana Backpacks blog
- How to Quit Fast Fashion – Titanic Spa
- 30 Easy Eco-Friendly Swaps – UpJourney
- Approachable Zero Waste Tips from Sustainable Bloggers – Marmag Creation
- 13 Easy Ways to Conserve Energy at Home – Redfin
- 17 Sustainable Fashion Blogs You Should Follow – WAMA